Funded by: Big Lottery Fund
Supported by: Action aid
Duration: 4 years project
- Enhance literacy and numeracy levels of women, and increased self-esteem and ability to improve their life opportunities socially, politically and economically
- Improve household income, enhance economic empowerment and increased control over their lives.
- Improve access to justice leading to enhanced security for women:
- Enhance political awareness of women, supporting them to exercise their political ambitions and enabling them to better demand their rights
- Provision of adult literacy and numeracy classes.
- Encourage minority people and disability to be included literacy class,
- Deliver tailoring and business skills training both Hargaisa and Burco
- Support women to form saving groups,
- Establishment Paralegal and provide refresher training:
- Promote improved, women-friendly police, legal and health services for victims of GBV
- Train journalists on women’s rights issues
- Community elders training.
- Training with public sector workers
- Establish grassroots women coalition in the community based
- Support women coalitions in creating and implementing advocacy strategies
- Women rights and access to justice awareness among young female in the university student, Train women coalition on business management training
- Training female parliament candidate,
- Train women coalition on leadership and management training
- Advocacy and political participation workshop for women coalition
- Improve household income for women leading to improved self-esteem