Funded by: UNICEF
Implemented by: WAAPO
Duration: Two Year
- Expanded service of the shelter home/counselling center for SGBV survivors run by WAAPO:
- Children accompanying with survivors obtained short term pre-school education, art therapy sessions and drama play activities:
- Reduced incident of women vulnerability to SGBV, and increased their economic status
- Enhanced the capacity of WAAPO to respond GBV in the other urban community and strengthen referral pathway, while protecting their safety and rights:
- Strengthened partnership with the ministers, Judiciary and Police
- Increased knowledge and understand of GBV prevention and respond of the community and promoted positive behavior change that can prevent GBV:
- Provide SGBV victims and their children temporary safe house accommodation with food and non food items.
- Monthly reintegration activities and reestablish family link with the resident in the center.
- Establish two additional shelters in Borama and Burco .
- Preschool education for children and weekly art thereby
- Adult education for women in the center.
- Tailoring training class for women.
- Fuel, communication and transportation cost during the referral of medical, legal and security.
- Training of 120 community committee as community counselors and mediators for GBV victims.
- Existing women coalition awareness raising events.
- Train and support community paralegals in the community.
- Support national events for MOLSA to celebrate women and children day.
- Organize outreach program for 120 female university student to raise awareness on women right.
- Discussion forum b/w young man and women around GBV and substance abuse in the project target locations.